IT’S RAINING NOW, BUT I KNOW IT’S JUST A MATTER OF TIME.
LET IT POUR, I’LL SOAK IT IN
I’M READY THIS TIME
The irony about Cancer is that it is never out of your body, its only the weak immune system of the body which allows cancer to survive. Unfortunate but the fact is a cancer can relapse ( come again) after any period of time. Although usually doctors consider that if you are cancer free for 5years then you a cancer survivor.
Usually chances of relapse is extremely very high in first 2 years of the treatment. I have seen patients relapsed after 3 years, 1 year, and in our case just 4 months.
So as a Attendant what we can do at this time? (well its always my question all the time isn't it)
>First we have to make sure that the patient believes in him/her self and get ready for the treatment as soon as possible.
This is going to be the same or more high dose of chemotherapy.
If the cancer relapsed within 6months of the treatment then the following treatment is a option:
- High Dose of Chemotherapy: This time we usually mix more than 2 drugs.
- Mitoxantrone (Novantrone)
- Cytarabine (Cytosar-U)
Price wise its not going to be to much change, but as the disease returned too quickly, i would recommend you to arrange following things:
- Blood: We need more blood (RBC) transfusion then before. (be prepared for around 10-15 units) it means minimum 8 donation cards (keep reserve for RDP transfusion too)
- Platelet donation : Need around 10 -12 transfusion ( keep 3-4 close relative handy with you all the time)
- Money : Expected treatment cost would be around 10-20lakhs (depends upon complication)